Thursday, June 17, 2010

Wicked...

Went to see the musical Wicked tonight with some friends. Didn't know much about the musical before I went, except that it was about the witches before the whole Wizard of Oz/Dorothy stuff happened. Amazing enough as the musical was, the understudy actually stepped in (in Act II) for the part of Elphaba - who becomes the Wicked Witch of the west. Even though she was the understudy, her performance was first rate. A long musical, but I enjoyed it thoroughly.

I've heard it said
That people com into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...
"For Good" from the musical Wicked

No comments: