Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sight

Yikes. Alessia went on vacation and so did I...

Found a pic from the fall. A cool sculpture of a huge eyeball. Sight. How amazing an ability. The brain, the neurons, all that is involved to produce an image. I was talking to some friends the other day and one of them said, "If I lost my sight, then you'd just better put me in a box under the ground." I thought that was kind of a sad statement. I mean--yes, sight is a sense that most of us are born with. Beautiful colors, shapes, etc., but sometimes going by what we see can deceive us. Without sight, our other senses are heightened. Smells, sounds, taste, touch, extrasensory perception...

Ach...I don't know where this entry is going. Oh well. Let me just say that even if you lose your sight, never lose your vision.

"People only see what they are prepared to see."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
~Helen Keller

"Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others."
~Jonathan Swift

Stevie Wonder is a musical genius.

2 comments:

Chloe the Dappled Dachshund said...

i do not like this post at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keemster said...

you just don't like the picture. read what the quotes are, ding-dong!