Friday, February 13, 2009

Choices

What a busy day -- and I'm exhausted. As you can see from the photographs below, I went to my fave place to walk. Today was a little different from the other day. I was alone and nobody else was out there. That's how I like it. (I'm acting like it is my own nature center.) I was a little annoyed at the fact that I saw trash here and there along my walk. I tried to pick up what I could, but in the future--please take your trash with you!

"The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which to burn." David Russell

For Auntie B. the quote for this photograph would be Robert Frost's poem, "The Road Not Taken." Why? Obviously, there is a fork in the path and I had to make a choice of which path to take. Luckily, I walk here often, and have been able to take both. However, in life we are not always so fortunate.
And what would a walk in my favorite place be without my deer friends...I had to include a pic of this one, curiously staring at me. I wonder what was going through the mind of my buddy.

2 comments:

auntieB said...

Thank you for the quote!! i recognize the fork... jenny and I went there recently. and I also like the quote from rainy day. Important to recognize when you are hating on the weather. missed you boss... glad you enjoyed your day alone.

Keemster said...

My day alone actually ended up with a friend bringing her son to meet me for lunch. Some children are quite "energetic." :)