Sunday, February 22, 2009

Another Birthday

Nope, it's not my birthday. It's the birthday of one of my friends. Although I don't get to see her often or talk to her much, I will always remember the first time I met her. She told me she never received my resumé from HR. She hired me anyway. I'm sure she rued the day. I always gave her trouble. One time I gave her a note from "my god" that said that I couldn't work on Sundays. After that, when the weekend schedules came out, I was always signed up to work on a Sunday. I think that was her way of getting me back. 

I still work at the same job, but my friend has moved on. Occasionally we meet for dinner with my new boss. It's always fun catching up at those dinners. So, I'm looking forward to dinner at the end of the week...wherever it's going to be.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! A toast to the woman who showed me that it is okay to wear two different colored shoes to work, laugh so the whole world can hear you,  and say "note taken."  I hope you have a great day. 

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream"
- C.S. Lewis

2 comments:

auntieB said...

great pic. and great last paragraph.

Keemster said...

Auntie B - I hope you forget this "blog birthday card" because I'm gonna re-post it on your birthday :)
And it just so happens that I know at least 2 other people who share your birthday!