Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Attitude

Since it is the beginning of the year, I would like to stop and take a moment to remind myself of something I need to try to do more often, which is why I shot this photograph. (Unfortunately, I was unable to run this race because my knee was giving me fits...sucks to grow old.)

The sign is from a Girls on the Run sponsored race. I wish they had this program (Girls on the Run/Girls on Track) when I was young. It is an amazing program with a worthy mission--To educate and prepare girls for a lifetime of self-respect and healthy living. The objective is to reduce the potential display of at-risk activities among its participants. The goal is fewer adolescent pregnancies and eating disorders, less depression and suicide attempts, as well as fewer substance/alcohol abuse problems and confrontations with the juvenile justice system.

1 comment:

GoGo said...

Madge did Girls on the Run and LOVED it! So cool.

xoxo