Friday, January 23, 2009

JUGs

I just got home from spending the evening with a group of friends. (JUGs, or Just Us Gals.) I think the original purpose of this group was to plan activities and hang out together once a month. Which pretty much fell apart after the first few months. It's been eons since we all got together, and some new people have joined the group. It was fun hearing all the stories. I'm looking forward to our next "meeting," which is going to take place in another eon. I'm sure it will be nice catching up, once again. 

The flower in the photograph below was so small, I almost missed it. It was taken one summer on Coconut Island in Hawaii. I wish I had a landmark so that you could see how small the flower was. I'd say it was about the size of my pinky fingernail. Luckily, I am always on the lookout for something to photograph and I spied it on the ground. So, being the dork that I am, I got down on my hands and knees to photograph the flower. Then, I had to run to catch up with the rest of the group.

Nobody sees a flower - really - it is so small - we haven't the time - and to see takes time, like to have a friend takes time. - Georgia O'Keeffe 

2 comments:

Birdy Official said...

You have beautifully taken this wild portulaca plant and flower.

Keemster said...

Birdy- Cool! I wanted to know the name of that plant/flower. I googled it, found more pics, and read a little. Yes, I'm a nerd like that. Thanks.