Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Give and Take

I had planned to take the camera out today and see what I could shoot this afternoon, but I forgot it. Here's the reason why...I had made plans to meet an old hs bf for coffee so I had things on my mind other than remembering my camera. I hadn't seen him in twenty-something years. I was kind of nervous because he was one of those guys who made me get butterflies in my stomach...you know the kind, when you're a teenager and think that you're in love. What an awkward phase in life. It was good catching up with him. No more butterflies though. So, today in lieu of a winter photograph, you get a summer photograph from a sunny day in Hawaii. I hope you enjoy.

Give and Take...
For to the bee a flower is a fountain of life
And to the flower a bee is a messenger of love
and to both, bee and flower, 
the giving and the receiving is a need and an ecstasy.
- Kahlil Gibran


6 comments:

GoGo said...

these last several months seem to have been all about reconnecting with the past. Isn't that bizarre? I wonder why we're all doing that?

xoxo

Keemster said...

You are correct. Sometimes technology can be a blessing, sometimes not. I hope you have had more good experiences than not. Smile :)

auntieB said...

thanks for the quotes. and the pretty sunflower pic.

Keemster said...

You're welcome. Well, I wanted to give the bee in the photograph some props, and I was happy to find a quote that fit. Ecstasy, what a word...

HorribleLicensePlates said...

Love the picture. I want it to be summer so bad right now.

Keemster said...

If I lived in Wisconsin, I'd want it to be summer, too. Brace yourself, looks like you've got more cold weather coming next week...I did hear on the news that spring was going to arrive a few days earlier this year ;)