Friday, January 15, 2010

The "C" Word

Cancer sucks.

Today's post out to all of the people I know who are affected by cancer. Not only the individuals who are fighting the battle, but the ones who are supporting these people, as well. It takes a lot of strength to deal with cancer--mental and physical. Makes you realize what is important. Sometimes I wish all people would realize what is important and to quit wasting energy on things that are just that--a waste of energy. Scratch that--most of the time I wish people would do this.

...I must be getting old. Seems as if everywhere I turn, someone I know has cancer. I used to think it was an old person's disease. Actually, I think cancer is just not as selective as it used to be. With all the toxins in/of the environment, food additives/preservatives, viruses, genetics, age, etc. anybody at any age is prone to get it.

So right now, I'm just going to post one of my favorite pics from last year and spend a little while thinking good things about my friends and wishing the best for all of them.
Bill Hemmer: "You said cancer changes your life, and oftentimes for the better."
Joel Siegel: "Yes.... Gilda Radner... said this in her book. What cancer does is, it forces you to focus, to prioritize, and you learn what's important. I mean, I don't sweat the small stuff. I used to get angry at cab drivers. It's not worth it.... And when somebody says you have cancer, you realize it's all small stuff. And what Gilda said is, if it weren't for the downside, everyone would want to have it. But there is a downside."
~
American Morning, CNN, 13 June 2003

No comments: