Sunday, January 17, 2010

Four-Legged Friends

Alessia, you might want to go play with the fish and bypass reading this post. In fact, I'm 100% positive you won't want to read this one. Actually, this isn't a post for those who hate dogs. Or touchy-feely stuff.

It's winter, the weather is crappy, and I have zero inspiration to take any pictures whatsoever. So, I decided to post some pics of my favorite four-legged friends (to add to the randomness of my entry topics).

"One thing I will never be in my life is one of those stereotypical crazy old cat ladies. Cats--ick." Hah, I just quoted myself.

I'm a dog person. Love them. When I think about it, it's probably because of the unconditional love they provide. I remember the dog I had when I was a child would always be there whenever I got hurt, licking the tears as they would run down my face. The dog I have now greets me in the morning when I wake up and when I come home from work. Dogs don't care what you wear, how much weight you've gained, or how much money you don't have. You give them a place to live, feed them, and take care of them. In return, they give you something you can't put a price on--unconditional love.

"We long for an affection altogether ignorant of our faults. Heaven has accorded this to us in the uncritical canine attachment."
~George Eliot

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
~Gilda Radner

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
~Roger Caras

"Happiness is a warm puppy."
~Charles M. Schulz

This post is dedicated to Bridgy. She lost her life at a young age, but she touched my heart at a time when things were really rough for me. For this I am grateful. I miss her, but every time I think of her, it brings a smile to my heart.
"What we have once enjoyed
we can never lose;
All that we love deeply,
becomes a part of us."
~Hellen Keller

2 comments:

Chloe the Dappled Dachshund said...

i love it!!!! made me cry....

auntieB said...

even though I often seem like a dog hater... I have had a few dogs in my life that were always there for me. In fact, one of them is at my house all week while my parents are out of town, and I'll be very very sad when she's no longer around. I can relate