Saturday, January 9, 2010

Paper Heart

Upon the recommendation of a friend, I rented the movie Paper Heart. It is a quasi documentary in which a young woman (Charlyne Yi) travels the country to find out if real love exists. The awkwardness of the main character is what held my attention throughout the movie. The interviews with the people she encounters offer an insight into individuals' ideas about love...

...wait, I'm not a movie reviewer. I definitely hate reading/hearing other people's review of movies before I see them. That way, I have no expectations. Nothing to taint my mind. I dunno, I would definitely recommend the special features found on the DVD. They were quite hilarious from the songs to the deleted scenes.

I could go on and on about my experiences with lust, love, and heartbreak, but I don't want to bore you with my drama. One thing that has never changed is that my unwillingness to "just settle" precedes all else.

So, as far as true love goes...I'm still looking.

"When you love someone, you love the whole person, just as he or she is, and not as you would like them to be."
~Leo Tolstoy

No comments: